dogfish

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

galavanter

Aug 1, 2011
southwestscotland
caught a dogfish today awful things to get the skin off but managed eventualy fried it with some chilli sauce it was lovely Everyone around my area complains about the amount of Dogfish. okay they steal all your bait intended for Bass and the likes but they are as tasty if we ate more doggies there would be less to steal the bait Iwas using my Dam telescopic beachcaster which I broke an eye on. been searching the internet for a replacement one but they dont seem to sell any for telescopic rods has anyone ever seen any for sale

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
dogfish is good eating. as for the rings they are available do a better search,ive bought them in the past but cant remember where from.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I've seen the skin used to dress a bow drill bow. Provided a great grip and added character:thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I thought rock salmon was Smoothhound.

Dogfish makes the best goujons with eather spiked mayo (capers, gerkins and tarragon) or just simple lemon mayo.

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
don,t you have to nail the skin to a fence and pull it off that way to skin them !! We call them sweet william in the chip shops up here !!

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Have eaten it & it was really nice. Never skinned one though. My neighbour reckons that the best way to skin it is to put it in a bucket and pour boiling water on it, this makes it easier to skin. Never tried it though so cant say how easy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE