Dog with Cushing's disease anyone ?

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
My Greyhound bitch suffered a massive fit/seizure 5 weeks ago and the vet said it was a miracle she survived, but fortunately she is now on the mend and would put her at 95% back to her old self. She is still on Antbiotics and Predisolene (steroids) and vet says we must be careful about how long she is on the steroids, and mentioned Cushings to me as a possible side effect of steroid medication, cannot be cured apparently but is controlable, sorry to hear about this and hope your dog is ok in the future.
Plenty of info, but found this link for you, hope this helps

www.2ndchance.info/cushings.htm

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
My 9yr old GSP has Addisons Disease that was diagnosed three years ago now, it was touch and go as to whether he would survive. He has been on Florinef and Prednisolone for the last three years and you wouldn't know the difference from when he was fine! One word of advice though, get a script and the drugs from a pharmacy....vets:£80/month Asda: £22/month!!!!

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
My Greyhound bitch suffered a massive fit/seizure 5 weeks ago and the vet said it was a miracle she survived, but fortunately she is now on the mend and would put her at 95% back to her old self. She is still on Antbiotics and Predisolene (steroids) and vet says we must be careful about how long she is on the steroids, and mentioned Cushings to me as a possible side effect of steroid medication, cannot be cured apparently but is controlable, sorry to hear about this and hope your dog is ok in the future.
Plenty of info, but found this link for you, hope this helps

www.2ndchance.info/cushings.htm

Thanks Silverback. I have already read that page as I have visted dozens of sites on the subject over the past 2 days but I have just read it again as it contains a lot of clear, understandable info.
Here's hoping your dog makes a steady & as full as possible recovery.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE