Dog Beds that last?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Does anyone have personal experience of a decent dog bed, that WILL LAST.
For a big heavy rough labrador. XL
Or which materials last longest? Faux suede, Tweed, etc.
Or a good manufacturer?

Theres so many to choose from.....

Thanks.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
My dog beds have lasted for many years, but I put this kind of blanket on top of the bed: http://www.dindyrebutikk.no/users/flatazor_mystore_no/images/78878_Hundeteppe_m__m_nster_1.jpg
It has a layer of rubber on the bottom side and is easy to wash. When the blanket is worn out (which takes forever if you clean it often), you can just buy a new blanket instead of a new bed. Keeps it all easy to clean and very soft :)
My dog is no 12 years old, and uses the same bed and blanket she got when she was 6.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
H Arya, yeh that stuffs great. Ive got a couple of large rolls of that. Mines the same colour as yours, grey, but with a green backing and nothing printed on it.
Its called 'pet bedding' over here. Ive got some in the car, and take it camping. You can just put it in the washing machine, and it doesnt fall apart. Great stuff.

I've just got the bed, for the lounge, where his crate used to be.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
My dog had a sheepskin rug that lasted him pretty much all his life. Even with rough play and him using it camping too. Washed in the washing machine fine and didn't smell as much as the synthetic ones.
You can pick them up pretty cheaply from the likes of Ikea though mine was a charity shop find. Also rolled up nicely for when we were traveling. Could even attatch it to his paniers so he could carry it and not me.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I use industrial coconut matting like what they used to put at the entrances to shops etc.

Last years, with two GSDX rescues, sizes XL and XXL,

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
My dog had a sheepskin rug that lasted him pretty much all his life. Even with rough play and him using it camping too. Washed in the washing machine fine and didn't smell as much as the synthetic ones.
You can pick them up pretty cheaply from the likes of Ikea though mine was a charity shop find. Also rolled up nicely for when we were traveling. Could even attatch it to his paniers so he could carry it and not me.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

I gave mine one and he plucked all the fur out.:rolleyes:

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
generally mine just use the sofa :)

we have hard heavy duty plastic type ones then just get blankets from the charity shop every once in a while. The charity shops usually have specific "dog blanket" blankets.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Yes mine is on the sofa as well, and Im fine with that.
But he had his own little place,and i want to give that back to him.

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Wooden frames and shag carpet scrap. Nailed together. Big, greasy Chesapeake Bay Retrievers.
When they're away, plenty of detergent and hot water outdoors. Blast with the garden hose to rinse and drip dry.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE