Does anyone know how to find out a girls ring size!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrspudly

Jan 6, 2011
Liverpool
The best way to find out her ring finger size is to flog all of your outdoor gear because you will not be allowed to play out anymore

Thanks for your responses guys, still wondering on the best approach... love the words of wisdom from the jaded too! Excellent! I've had a few epic failures with the other gender in the past but Lou seems more level headed than most people I know... and it feels weird but encourages my independence too... odd I know!

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
thats pretty much what me and mrs melonfish did, i asked over dinner i'd made special when she'd got in from a hard days work and asked whilst on bended knee.
we went out later and picked the ring together.
actually when we went to pick the ring we spent some time pouring over various ones until we settles on one she really liked. turns out it was the last of its kind in the shop it also turned out to be exacty her size.
fate? :D
Pete

PhotoGirl

Tenderfoot
Jul 18, 2010
Lancashire, UK
My left hand ring finger and right are not the same size, but this may well have something to do with the fact I have broken all my fingers a few times at one stage or another. Personally I'd follow the above advice of using the opp hand as a guide as they are probably about the same on most people.

Some women i know like to choose their own, some like to be surprised so its a hard choice.

_mark_

Settler
May 3, 2010
Google Earth
If it comfortably fits your little finger it will be near enough to easily resize after. (unless one of you has very large, very small/thin fingers).

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
Personally, if it were me. I'd rather be able to choose myself as my fella has no idea what i'd actually like.
It might be more romantic (and also put her under even more pressure to say yes) to be presented with the ring.
But in a mature relationship it might be worth having a two way converstion about it first. Perhaps next time she is looking at them on the laptop ask which one she would like.

(God I'm so practical and jaded, perhaps romance works better for some)

Personally, if it were me. I'd rather be able to choose myself as my fella has no idea what i'd actually like.
It might be more romantic (and also put her under even more pressure to say yes) to be presented with the ring.
But in a mature relationship it might be worth having a two way converstion about it first. Perhaps next time she is looking at them on the laptop ask which one she would like.

(God I'm so practical and jaded, perhaps romance works better for some)

As she is quite discerning... (some might say choosy! but I'm more than happy with that) I was quite concerned about the whole ring choice etc and always thought I'd never be able to get quite the right one. But she actually spent over an hour beside me looking through what seemed quite a working knowledge of her favourite jewellers and pondered on one single ring out of hundreds she must have seen (quick mental note of site and ring and then I went looking for it!) She had also recently been looking in jewellery shop windows too.

I know she likes jewellery but in fact rarely wears any at all, least of all a ring from which I could get an idea of her size! We have tentatively spoken about it recently, though disguised in jest it was definitely a testing of the waters by both of us; Lou leaving the conversation and door open! However I'm eeking towards the ask now buy later option because I don't know her size and I don't want her to feel any pressure at all. It is unlikely I would get down on one knee but I would like it to be special and a surprise; I have my own way of doing things in the end!

Thanks for all of your advice everybody

Leo

No Idea

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
You could always wait until she is next looking at engagement rings and tell her that there is no way she can have one as you dont know what size she is...

T

Tom1980

That sound very sweet, once you found the right woman she will love you for who you are! That means you can still play outside, and she might join in the fun!

Hi everyone

Thank you for your advice.

The woman from delmonte... she say... yes!

Went with the 'ask now buy later option'!

In the end I set her a challenge, I set up 4 web pages (free using weebly and very easy! drag and drop!) which I linked to QR codes (easily done with a free QR code generator which can be printed off), then I left a trail for her to follow. She had to read the QR codes with the bar code reader on her mobile phone.

The first arrived in a card with a bouquet of flowers and set out the challenge, then she had to find two more before she was instructed to find a key at what she would have to work out was at the base of a local monument which looks out over the whole of South Glos.

There was a bit of a walk enroute so I set a few more codes in amongst the trees leading to chocolates etc. When we got to the monument she found the key and then had to climb to the top to find a box I had made, and inside was... another QR code!! This one popped the question with a picture of the ring I might have bought. She said yes!

On the way back I had set one more code which she found and followed to a bottle of champagne and a couple of glasses.

I have suitable browny points to last for a few weeks at least!!!

Thanks again for your advice... now the wedding needs planning!

Leo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE