Does anyone know anything about this knife?

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
I've had this knife for quite a while now. It's one of my favourites. It's by a company called Normark, with an EKA blade. I can't find anything about Normark on the Internet. Does anyone know anything about them?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375045221.988499.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375045234.881154.jpg

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
It's similar to the super swede but I've not seen another like it. Just wondering why branded as Normark. And not EKA, who have stamped the blade as such.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Used to be a good few Normark knives in the shops a few years ago.
That one isn't the super swede though, can't remember but may just have been called the swede.

leon-1

Many year ago that knife was a favourite of the Royal Marines, it was the Normark Big Swede, later it was replaced in the RM's favours by the Normark Super Swede.

Normark was effectviely Branding, they provided a known name to high quality but relatively unknown merchandise from very good companies.

The actual knife is effectvely an Eka Swede 60 whilst the Super Swede is the Swede 92, both knives are top pieces of kit and I had a super swede for well over ten years.

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
It is an old standard EKA model with a Normark logo.
I remember Normark equipment from when I was a kid because it was fairly cheap, but the quality was thereafter. From the link above it looks like the brand still exists, but I rarely see it in shops here in Norway anymore.
EKA (Eskilstuna) is good quality steel.
Guess it has been some kind of promo gadget for Normark some time ago.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE