Does anyone know anything about Forum software?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I know that I've posted this under a different title, but I realised that there was a post a while ago with the same name, so here goes:

For some reason, I've lost the ability to "preview" posts. When I float the cursor over a thread, I used to be able to preview the first few lines in a little localised popup. Now, all I get is a little rectangular box.

Any ideas on how to get the previews back?

Cheers, Michael.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
As your problem is a described a bit vague a little bit more information might help ?

1. Are you using mac/windows or linux ?
2. What browser are you using firefox/opera/safari etc ?
3. Have you had any rescent problems on anything else ?
4. Have you had any software installs or updates ?

I assume your talking about this forum ?

Its likley to be browser based do you have another computer you can login in with ?

Simon

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Thanks for replying.

Here's the answers:

1) Windows.
2) Firefox
3) No problems
4) Yes, but only the online updates.

I am talking about this forum, but also SOTP.

When I log in on my work computer all is well. I think that it's either something to do with a software update, or I've managed to inadvertantly change a setting.

Cheers, Michael.

bhofmann

Forager
Dec 18, 2009
Exmouth, Devon, England, UK
You mentioned Windows (which I bet we all use) so the initial test is a reboot.

Still an issue? Then maybe try a different browser to see if that resolve the issue. If you're as anti-IE as I am, then try Google Chrome - it's the only browser I use now and ticks all my boxes.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Sounds like a java problem to me as well although it might be a setting the hovvering function is usuaily written in software to react on the position of you mouse in the soft the forum is written in.

Im guessing song of the paddle has the same forum software.

Checking your settings in firefox might help look for something like java script enabled makeing sure it is set.

If you get really stuck and want me to take a look ill send you link where I can take a look for you (if you trust me ;) using our office support software.
But try another browser like chrome first.

Be aware since yesterday there is a major security problem found with ANY internet explorer browsers from microsoft!

Goos luck

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE