Diy stove and mods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Hi

So been a bit busy with some DIY projects,ill list these below.

First off a shop called home bargains has stainless steel cutlery holders for £1.99 I think the ikea ones are slimmer than this one but this one is really for the garden and toasting marshmallows.

Next up is poundland, now I picked up some small ss mini chutney dishes with the intention of using meths or hexy in them but it didn't work very good,I tried making trivets out of steel facing plates (I think they are used to fix two bits of wood together ) these where a pound as well,they didn't sit well on the chutney pots but worked a treat on the trangia.

Lastly and also a pound was a pack of sink strainers,they didn't work with the chutney pots either so I chopped at it with the dremmel and it works great with hexy.

Still unsure what to do with the pots? Any suggestions?

Pics to follow.

Buster

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
nsVYiYdfTmGXwEICGj0O6G119k82mTVCRaR4Im_N87Tf_lj4c6tG5hcyDfs4ulQQMn3sn3Tc=w1912-h2542-rw

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Where you use the 4 hole mending plate, try a poundshop ruler. Same idea but less metal to steal heat and lighter. The chutney bowls work fine with wilko meths gel!
Thanks for the heads up on the home bargains drainer, I have the Ikea style but prefer the straight sides of this one.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
No straight sides on the drainer I'm afraid,must be a trick of the camera.

The metal ruler idea is top notch,another great idea I didn't think of!

Will look out for wilco meths gel

Cheers

Buster

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE