Diy/craft bits for trade! Wood, antler and leather.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yo!

I have a bunch of diy/craft bits and bobs I won't be needing any time soon. So they are up for swaps!

First lot is wood, for knife making, carving or what ever you can think of.

From the left to right is : two big chunks of zebrano wood that are plenty enough to cut to shape and make scales or to carve in to. Two slender lengths of purple heart, enough for a pair of scales and rather fancy! A large heavy rectangular block of ..hard black wood of unknown etomolgy! Lol, its heavy and would be perfect as a stick tang handle, scales or a carving block. The long white bit is holy, enough for slim scales or something? And on the bottom is a piece of walnut that was shaped to fit my svord knife, I broke the other piece but there's enough for a fire steel handle!

I'd rather do these wood cuts as a job lot rather than individual bits.

Next is antler and horn!

As you can see there are some great hard tips for making into firesteel holders, zip pullers etc and some fatter bits for handles and stuff. And then there's that slab of cow horn? Its thick black and shines up like glass! For a size comparison the cow horn is 8" long.

Again, I'd rather do this as a job lot to get it all gone.

Lastly is leather/suede!

Lots here in a variety of sizes. Its about 2mm thick and from an old jacket, great colour on the outside and lovely clean suede on the underside. I flipped some bits s you would see better. Also there is 4 brass/bronze? Buckles. The length of the bottom piece is 23".

Job lot again.

Any questions just ask!

I'd like the usual for some/all of these bits.

Crossbow, catapults, airguns and a pocket watch. But I'm open to offers!

Thanks for looking,

Samon

Last edited:

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Alright mate, sounds good.

Plenty of bits here for a multitude of projects so get yourself stocked for winter!

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Antler now GONE!

Other bits still here, willing to let them go in your favour.

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
I collected the antler pieces this morning, Samon and I having discovered that we live only a few miles from each other. Thanks Sam, it's an excellent collection and I shall enjoy learning how to work with it.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Jst found these buckles to add with the existing buckles and leather!

Everything must go!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE