DIY Ground Sheets

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
During longer stay's i need a ground sheet to help water/moisture from trying to penertrate the bottom of my tent. But i dont want to pay the price tag of a new one.

So i guess my question is what is the best low priced material to make a ground sheet from? ideally light weight and packable too. :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Have a look for IPK sheets... cheap and you also get some spare pegs and cord with them :)

Note, not affiliation happy customer or whatever with supplier... just first one I found on Google :rolleyes:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
+1 on Polycryo (window glazing film/window shrink film/secondary glazing film). Its tough stuff and super light.

A cheaper option is a Decorators plastic dustsheet. Most are flimsy, but the ones from Crown Decorator centres are tougher than most and big. You will have one close by.

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
Cheers for the idea's guys, I have an IPK kit, with the pegs etc, but it looked that good it seemed a shame to destroy it haha

Will have a look at polycryo

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
The Stormguard kit I got from B&Q to make the groundsheet theoctagon linked to cost £7 or £8, substantially cheaper than the £50 for the manufacturer's version.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE