discovery scout canoe for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Ive finally talked swmbo into selling my disco scout.
Ive a new nova craft so the disco has only been out in the last 6 months once.
Im looking for £300 if i cant get that ill keep her,she is old with the usual scratchs but nothing major.
Id consider a swap plus cash if anyone had a good touring kayak sitting about.
Soloman.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I used to have an OT Scout, and if I had the space to keep it, I'd grab this one because I regret selling mine.

If you want a bombproof, high capacity canoe for river travel, then this would suit you well. If flat water is your thing, as long as you have a decent load, then it'll perform as well as most multi-purpose canoes.

Cheers, Michael.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Sheee hight!
Flatwater be damned - I used mine for years as my Solo whitewater boat!
Even ran the Upper Wye and the Usk in it - including Hell Hole and Mill Falls!
A great and DRY whitewater boat (even with a big load!)
Still got mine and use it occassionally - but I mainly use my other baots now....

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Ive got Cumbrians and have to say i love it to bits. These boats are bomb proof believe me, its been based off hard steel edge canal walls, scrapped along rocks and buffed the odd kayaker lol and not a ding or scratch left. At this price a bargain

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Yes Nick after my last visit up north a few weeks ago i changed my mind and decided a touring/forgiving sea kayak will fit the bill better.
Budget of £700 when disco sold,ive had a go in loads of boats and like the more sedate touring style like the easky 15/17 and the contour exped.
Thats new but id look at one 2nd hand,and i think plastic as the boats are outside and it will be a sin to keep a composite boat out the back.
Regards Soloman.

Leezo

On a new journey
May 5, 2008
GeordieLand
I would like to see some pictures please as I'm interested in buying your canoe. I did ask yesterday but nothing yet : (

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I can't believe this hasn't sold yet! I'm very tempted but don't have the cash at the moment. I've even been thinking about selling my much loved 1275 Gt Mini lately to fund a canoe purchase.If your canoe doesn't sell soon I might get my car on ebay. I can't really see it hanging around long though.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
You can see how it compares with the OT Chalres river.
PICT1326.jpg

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
She has tonight gone to her new home.
Thanks for the interest.
I look foreward to many adventures in a kayak.
Soloman.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE