Dinner suggestions please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jakunen

Native
Morels? Oh yes!
I've found them all over my garden (don't know where they've come from but I sure as hell am NOT gonna complain).
Been cropping them for a couple of weeks. Just make sure you remove the slugs/woodlice unless you want even more protein.
Despite what it says in the books, Morels are pretty easy to tell apart from the false morel. True morels have a quite uniform structure whereas false morels are more like an amorphous blob with indentations.
True morel:
http://www.in2.dk/fungi/imageframe1.htm

False morel/brain morel
http://www.grzyby.pl/gatunki/Gyromitra_esculenta.htm

T

Tumper

It may be a be late for your special dinner......But dont forget the presentation. A special meal should be a feast for all the senses, and a little effort is always nice. How about using some of the early spring blossoms like rose petals...a carpet of pink! The leaves of bulb plants such as daff's can be cut and laid out to act as table places. Theres still plenty of cones around that can add an extra dimension to any place setting (but warm the beasties out first) If you really want to go for it, what about carving a loving spoon? or a double ended spoon? The Ladies love that kind of thing...so I've been told!

Mar 2, 2004
double enders eh? how romantic, can you get much grub on those then? aw well as long as your satisfied i guess thats all that matters eh? :wink:

pink petals are nice too.

your right though thumper its all about presentation.

ohh golly gee ,,,my post has been edited. did someone get the wrong idea about the double ended spoons? muhahaha muhahahahahaha.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Tumper said:
It may be a be late for your special dinner......But dont forget the presentation. A special meal should be a feast for all the senses, and a little effort is always nice. How about using some of the early spring blossoms like rose petals...a carpet of pink! The leaves of bulb plants such as daff's can be cut and laid out to act as table places. Theres still plenty of cones around that can add an extra dimension to any place setting (but warm the beasties out first) If you really want to go for it, what about carving a loving spoon? or a double ended spoon? The Ladies love that kind of thing...so I've been told!
The progress of my love spoon is very slow. I don't think the tree the wood comes from has even been planted yet! :wink: I think he's planning it for our golden wedding anniversary ... :p

As for the presentation, lovely ideas, but I'll be most impressed if I don't end up in hospital with food poisoning! :eek:):

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE