Desperately seeking Ex MoD Khaki Woolen Shirts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
Help!!! I'm on my last ex-army woolen shirt now...I used to find them for sale fairly easily around the ex-army stores, but haven't seen any now for a while. They are excellent for the outdoors - hard-wearing, warm when wet, and are safer around flames than man-made materials (I once used one to extinguish a Camping Gaz stove that had had it's cartridge incorrectly fitted by some kids I was camping with lol) oh yes...and they itch a bit but heigh-ho. Anyway...I'd like to procure some more. Anybody know of a supplier, or have a personal stash they'd be willing to part with?

Size-wise, I'm about a 15" neck, 38" chest and sleeve length is immaterial as I have the sleeves rolled up most times anyway. Grateful for any help, folks. Cheers ;)

Shankly

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
Cambs
Look I hate to be negative about any post but this thread brings back too many memories about basic training and the first few years of service for me, and I remember the months of washing and ironing involved before those buggers became anything near comfortable. That said, when broken in, hairy mary's were the softest, comfyest, warmest shirts known to man. But why would you go out of your way to try and source them.?

Shankly.....:confused:

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
Look I hate to be negative about any post but this thread brings back too many memories about basic training and the first few years of service for me, and I remember the months of washing and ironing involved before those buggers became anything near comfortable. That said, when broken in, hairy mary's were the softest, comfyest, warmest shirts known to man. But why would you go out of your way to try and source them.?

Shankly.....:confused:

Well Shankly...it looks like you answered your own question there ie."...softest, comfiest, warmest shirts known to man." Thats why I'm trying to get some more...simple innit? ;)

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions guys :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE