Demi-Johns in Tesco

I have spent ages looking for demi-johns up my way, there used to be a home brew shop in the city but it closed along time ago, next nearest one was Forfar, but they have closed down and do mail order. When I checked he had no glass demi-johns left.

I did manage to find a wee shop in Inverurie, thanks to Dingus Magee, but she sells everything but dmi-johns.

So after a lot more searching eventually I found a post on a forum, that was a few days old, saying that Tesco! do them now.

In the Tesco in the city they are well away from the Wine & Spirits isle and more in the home stuff department. However they do have a very limited offering of home brew stuff (no airlocks/bungs etc)

However I would recommend supporting your local shops or home brew shop if you can. But it is an alternative for those that cannot easily find them.

I bet after getting these I will see them everywhere I go now. :cool:

Geordie9

Forager
Oct 25, 2010
Hampshire
Agree with the above. I bought a couple of top adaptors from a homebrew store and just use 5 ltr water bottles from any of the supermarkets.
I find them easier to use and store as they are lighter than normal Demijohns.

Our local Wilko's doesn't have a homebrew section but our local Holland and Barret does, might be worth checking out as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE