Deerhunter Scotland poncho

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Not tried it Toddy but I'd have a small wager on the pattern being "Advantage Timber". Its a well established "Realtree" type pattern and available in lots of materials (PU, microfibre, polycotton etc.).

For me I like one called Hardwoods HD extra green but it does depend on your area and season as to what works.

Looks a fair deal for the price but might be a bit noisy would be my view

Red

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Cheers Red, :)
I wondered about the noise, but the ad says that it's stretchable so that made me curious. "Extreme conditions", yep, that'll be here then :rolleyes:
Tempting, but I'd like to know if anyone has already tried it.

atb,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I bought some PVC cagoule fabric recently, lavender coloured though :eek: , but it's been surfaced with a sort of sandwashed coating. It's really good stuff, it's silent in use and it's utterly waterproof.
I've gotten thoroughly soaked three times today :( (it's Ne'erday, I was visiting the relatives) if this fabric is the same stuff, I'm having it :D
It hasn't stopped chucking it down all day here, trust me, fire isn't my concern, though the point is well made.

Cheers,
Toddy

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
Actually,

PVC is flame retardant. (Not that I've held a blowtorch over my HH stuff) When the garment comes into contact with flame, it releases flame-dampening gasses. As well, some Helly Hansen PVC gear is backed with Nomex in lieu of cotton to help with absorbing sweat.

Cheers,

Adam

Reactions: Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE