Decent Orbital Sander - How much do I need to pay?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
sorry if I sound condescending or like a Health and safety nut...

Very good points and you are right I probably have been overdoing it a bit this week but I'm not planning on making a habit out of it.

A different condition but I did have carpel tunnel syndrome (pins and needles in hands) many years ago brought on by cycling from John O'Groats to Lands End. Two weeks cycling all day wearing cheap gloves (I wasn't really into cycling, just fancied a challenge) was enough to crush the nerves against handlebars - lasted 6 months so it is easy to damage those nerves.

No need to apologise for sounding like a health and safety nut - until recently I was doing voluntary H&S training and audit work for a charity so definitely a case of "do as I say not as I do"! :)

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
I just thought I'd mention it ...😝

because it seems many of us "have a go heroes", me included, go sometimes head first into tasks that seem deceptively harmless ...But not always aware of the long term adverse effects

Anyways , would love some pics of that work👍👍

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
An excellent point. White finger is a awful condition, my Dad had it and before another industrial disease finished him off he could hardly feed himself. I made a KFS set for him with huge ribbed wooden handles which helped he said.

Do other folk use them much on metal work?, I've been getting good results with old school emery cloth and various grades of wet and dry with just a litle bit of oil to lubricate for several years.

ATB

Tom

Elbow grease , old fashioned emery cloth and wet&dry is the proper way of doing it Tom!👍😉
Don't go changing anything....😊

There is great pleasure (for me anyway) in doing all work by hand and using no machine at all...

Wish i had more time to work with only hand tools...😊

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE