Debden House, Debden Green

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
I should be going there for a weekend at some point in august, if anybody has been there before did you have any trouble with knife/axe usage? Whats the situation there?

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Scott - what you doing going to my manor? Wanna fight? :yikes:

Seriously good call, just observe the bye-laws of the forest and use common sense with your knife ect - when you down there?

I might pop by and say hello! In fact last weekend in August I think I'm there with the family too! :yikes:

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Gary said:
Scott - what you doing going to my manor? Wanna fight? :yikes:

Seriously good call, just observe the bye-laws of the forest and use common sense with your knife ect - when you down there?

I might pop by and say hello! In fact last weekend in August I think I'm there with the family too! :yikes:

Not sure when I'll be down there, still organising it with my dad but definitly at some point. I'll let you know nearer the time if you want.

If you do pop by i'll be the one with the baseball bat ;)

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Gary, what's the price for a pitch at Debden Green? Is it busy during the holidays or at weekends?

Can you have fires all over the site or in a specific area?

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Scott off the top of my head I think its about £3 a night or there abouts - and yes you can have fires anywhere in the top fields but you need to tell them when you book that you want a fire permit (free)

And yes it can get busy bank holiday weekends but I usually manage to fine a quiet corner away from the crowds.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Debden Green believe it or not!! :rolmao:

Seriously its near Theydon Bios - does that help?

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Ok, just down the road from Thaxted... That's fairly easy to get to and not too far away.

Is there any more information about the site its self? how to contact the managers? any photos? any interesting bits there? waterfalls, rocks etc..?

Cheers Gary :You_Rock_

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr???? :?:

Its a council run site place was a old farm and then some MOD training centre I believe - only things of interest there is the forest which it backs onto - pubs and chippies ect in Theydon Bois.

Not sure of their phone number as I usually just drive over and pay at the door - although it is seasonal opens 01 May and closed Around about this time maybe October depends on the weather, in a good summer it will open longer.

Not much help really - I think they are in the yellow pages under Debden House (the proper posh name for the place)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE