DD SuperLight Tarp Tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Does anyone have any experience of the DD SuperLight Tarp Tent? 750gms without poles and supposed to be very fast to pitch and take down.

Anyone tried one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeteD

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
I've got the "A" frame one. It IS very light and, doesn't take up much space in a pack. It's not as fast to pitch as some other tents, especially if it's windy. I also binned the pegs that came with it immediately. Once it's up, it's pretty spacious and, has very good ventilation and access. Overall, it's a good bit of kit and, I'd recommend it.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I own this convincing tent from the competition.

It has a loop on top to hang it under a branch or a washing line but can be used with a natural stick as pole too, because it's heavily reinforced there.

They sell larger versions too.

Reactions: Billy-o

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
I own this convincing tent from the competition.

It has a loop on top to hang it under a branch or a washing line but can be used with a natural stick as pole too, because it's heavily reinforced there.

They sell larger versions too.

Goodness, that’s reasonably priced....does it use a single pole/ stick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Unfortunately you misunderstood it.
But it's really bad pre adjusted there.

They sell the tent in single pieces too.

It is a quality tent. Nylon, not polyester.

230 €
is the complete tent without pole

(Pole is available too.)

160 €
is just the outer tent what works fine for me. In combination with Snugpak Special Forces bivvy bag (340g) in cold whet weather.
If it's hot and usualy dry I use a Defcon 5 poncho as ground sheet. (350g)

Yes, single pole/stick or what I usually do:

You can hang it under a washing line or under a branch! I don't carry around a pole. And I usually don't carve one.
I carry 2,5 mm Edelrid multicord. That's far lighter!

You just tension up the tip by using the loop!
No pole needed!

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
It is a quality tent. Nylon, not polyester.
Just a quick note on materials, PET (polyester) is actually quite strong and does not easily degrade in sunlight, PA (polyamide, "Nylon") is tougher not stronger but it does absorb water and degrades in sunlight (slowly but noticeably) . A lot depends on the construction of the fabric, fiber diameter, yarn size etc. there is no easy way to say which one is better as material.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
All my polyester/PU equipment degraded by aging within 5 to 20 years. A lot of it fell in pieces in the wardrobe.

All my Nylon equipment became very old, 20, 30, 40 years. I kept all I bought until now.
But I think that's worth an own thread.

Last edited:

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
PU (polyurethane) is not a material that ages well but the variation is large depending on the exact chemistry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erbswurst

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
This is true. I have rucksacks with PU linings which have peeled right away (some I replaced with a mixture of white spirit and silicon bathroom sealant) - MEC rucks/duffels for example - between fifteen and twenty years old. But other PU-coated things of similar vintage and used as much are in still perfect condition. Eg. Hilleberg tarp.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE