Day pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
I have recently bought a 'mini Alice pack' I like the design and material for dry days. Iv stitched a PLCE yoke to it to help with the shoulder straps as the stock ones are terrible.

I am wondering if anyone has a genuine 'medium' ALICE and if it is to big for day pack stuff? I have a PLCE Bergen (old OG one) for full camp gear. I'm not wanting anything to big again just a small pack 20-30l. I used to use 2 PLCE side pouches on day yoke but couldn't fit my sit pad in so went for a mini Alice.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
I had one a long time ago 1990 ish and yes its a good size and perhaps big for a daysac (Just dont fill it) and you can use it for day trips or longer. Getting more use out of it.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Predator 30 Litre packs going @ the amazing price of £40 on Sports Direct, great daypack at a superb price :)

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
Hmm. Spose so. I pulled all the webbing tight on my PlcE and removed side pouches. Makes that pretty small but still seems big for a day pack.

I got the canvas mini Alice pack from TBS. Nice little pa but as I say. Straps leave a lot to be desired. Had to mod them.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
The straps on the mini one are not removable. Sadly. I just stitched my Plce ones onto the underside. Helped a lot but would have preferred to totally remove them. I used ye pack today for the 1st time with my hobo, crusader cup set, 1ltr water, fire making kit and knife etc as well as some ther small bits and bobs.

My only issue now is that when it rides low the metal buckles CAN jag in. The are located on the base to hold the shoulder straps. I may make anther small mod. I have fabsil on it and waxed the base. A leather patch on it with the dogs paw and it's good to go!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE