Dave Canterbury book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
From Bushcraft & Survival Skills magazine May/June 2014 p58

Q & A with Cody Lundin

Q - If you have one tip for a young person that is into survival, what would it be?

A - Avoid training from frauds as they will dirty your educational; foundation, retard your growth as a student and could endanger your life. Field credibility in survival skills does not come from a Facebook page, blog, a plethora of backyard Youtube videos, or even a survival television show. As a potent example, the majority of people featured on survival TV shows are not real survival instructors. ALWAYS ask your would be teacher for a professional resume with references and CHECK the references. Your life is worth the extra effort.

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Cody Lundin said once on an interview that he was glad to have met dave Canterbury as he does have a wealth of knowledge. He may not be the world's greatest but he made up with his skills what Cody lacked.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
and yet he was happy to get paid to work with him knowing full well the controversy surrounding DC which was out there years before they stared together

besides Cody hasn't much of a resume himself....

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Downloaded it from Amazon, I think it's a good read, and if You have a look on YouTube you will see after reading the book he's backing it up with video. Mind you I do like all the stuff Dave does.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
From Bushcraft & Survival Skills magazine May/June 2014 p58

Q & A with Cody Lundin

Q - If you have one tip for a young person that is into survival, what would it be?

A - Avoid training from frauds as they will dirty your educational; foundation, retard your growth as a student and could endanger your life. Field credibility in survival skills does not come from a Facebook page, blog, a plethora of backyard Youtube videos, or even a survival television show. As a potent example, the majority of people featured on survival TV shows are not real survival instructors. ALWAYS ask your would be teacher for a professional resume with references and CHECK the references. Your life is worth the extra effort.

Oooh scratch your eyes out...

Such bitches the pair of them.

Craig88

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2012
Kingston Upon Hull
without branching too much from the original topic of the thread, as a few have mentioned above I've never like Cody always swayed towards Dave. Regardless of what people said about him he does indeed know his stuff in regards to bushcraft and woodcraft what he did as a profession before this new found fame has really no meaning in this new venture of his. Anyway back on topic, I have been looking at this book and 'umming and arring' as to get it or not. I got his other book and enjoyed that but I also read that this is basically the same thing and just goes through his "10 C's" can anyone confirm?

I don't want to get into a slagging match here, but if you know anything about cody lundins background you should know that he is no one to cast aspersions on others! Pot kettle black.

redneck, this comment makes me a bit uncomfortable. I *think* I know Mr. Lundin's background and I do not know of anything that would cause embarrassment. If you have direct reliable information to the contrary, then you should be specific. Veiled innuendo is not valuable information.

- Woodsorrel

Last edited:

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
The only controversial thing I've heard about Cody was someone claiming to have a video of him wearing boots. :eek:
I know... I was shocked too.

I like Dave's stuff, and would like to check out this book.
Until now I'll stick to his videos, though I do think he should make this one into a full series :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOg4Ud4HiEU

I'd also like to see a Dave vs Cody survival showdown.
Possible just following their progress in the wild.
Possibly a battle royale.

redneck, this comment makes me a bit uncomfortable. I *think* I know Mr. Lundin's background and I do not know of anything that would cause embarrassment. If you have direct reliable information to the contrary, then you should be specific. Veiled innuendo is not valuable information.

- Woodsorrel

Really, so you don't know anything about his past history with drug involvement??? A conviction for dealing and time in jail !!!!!!... then you don't know his background at all.. you need to delve a bit deeper!!!

(This has the potential to develop into a slagging match, something I am not comfortable with so I will not post anything else on this subject)

Last edited:

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I don't care that Dave lied about his military career and Cody sold dope when he was a kid, I rreally liked dual survival with them and Dave's YouTube stuff is also good, he's passionate about the subject and thats cool in my book.

Really, so you don't know anything about his past history with drug involvement??? A conviction for dealing and time in jail !!!!!!... then you don't know his background at all.. you need to delve a bit deeper!!!

(This has the potential to develop into a slagging match, something I am not comfortable with so I will not post anything else on this subject)

Ah, now I understand! Thank you for answering my question.

Yes, this information surfaced recently in a magazine interview with Mr. Lundin (Men's Journal, May 2014). He goes into specific detail about that entire portion of his life.

I agree that drug use (and sales) is not admirable behavior. However he has been very forthright in discussing that early portion of his life. The years since seem to indicate he has left it behind. In my mind, it does not undermine his credibility as an instructor or the quality of the survival information he provides to the public.

I guess I am more concerned about experts who exaggerate their qualifications. We seem to be having an epidemic of those here in the US. But I will rethink his admission of past drug use and see if I should reevaluate how I consider his survival information.

Thanks!

- Woodsorrel

Last edited:

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Hi. I just recently bought the book by Dave. (back on subject), and it is a good read. I must say that I preferred his first book as there were less pointing to what he sells on his web site and a more general look at gear that can be used by how he puts it "the common man".

I agree to some extent that you should get the best gear that you need to do the job at hand but the best isn't always the most expensive. Dave has personally moved towards some expensive gear which are nice to have but not necessary to have to get out there and enjoy yourself and still do the job well. For example the Duluth pack. Very nice Id love to have one but I don't NEED one! Being fair he does nod towards the Alice pack and a few in expensive items but if this is a 101 to bushcraft then mainly for new comers, I think he should spend more time on these items that fulfil the 10Cs and make a nod to the more expensive items.

Don't get me wrong, as I said I like the book and it is useful and better written than the first with regards to his clarity of ideas and with less repetition than in the first book. I just like the "common man" idea as it gets people into the field with good equipment without spending a fortune. JMHO.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
ok i'm gonna bite....

hardly the first two people to do drugs or lie are they? but because theyre 'celebrity' its now a big deal yeah?

ridiculous. cant believe its even been brought up. in my opinion and in the big schemes of things the pair of them are pretty much angels.

s

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE