Damsons

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Collected a few more Damsons this afternoon, well 20lb more to be exact, i decided that i had to brave the brambles and just head through them to get to the good fruits off the beaten track

DSCF4101.jpg

worth it though, only took about 30 minutes for youngest and i to get this little lot.

DSCF4112.jpg

Oh and about 4lb of Blackberries as well, seems such a shame to see this bumper harvest wasted

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I'll be doing that tomorrow I hope, they have been a bit bitter of late and I've been waiting for them to sweeten up.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
I just finished making my second batch of damson jam. so that 8lbs used for jam, i have another 8lbs left to make some damson gin, but i am interested in the idea of syrup, how do you make that?

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
, but i am interested in the idea of syrup, how do you make that?

just disolve a 3/4 pound of sugar in a pint of water and pour over the pitted plums or whatever other fruit it is in a large glass jar, we will fill a 2 litre Kilner with pitted plums and then cover with the syrup making sure there are no air bubbles in amongst the fruit, the plums will keep well inthe syrup and also take on some of it's sweetness, then when we fancy plums and custard for pudd, we just take out what we need and reseal the jar.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE