Damasks sale? Bargin or bin worthy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TallTom

Forager
Mar 23, 2014
Surrey
Just found Perkins bushcraft outlet on amazon are selling a hell of a lot of damasks and other blades much cheaper than I've seen anywhere.
Has anyone delt with them in the past? Is it Cheap knock off junk?
Or are they just a proper deal?

I've read some reviews and all seems positive, but I'd trust you guys over some amazon reviews any day.

Cheers, TC

Here's a link to one of the items
SALE- Handmade Beautiful Camping Knife -Damascus Steel - English Handmade Camping Tool https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006R4RS6W/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_1YZQub0BQM6BN

Last edited:

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I could be wrong but I suspect that those are cheap knives made in India and flogged by a guy called James Noble. Google him and you will find out all you need to know about what he gets up to.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
As far as I can tell It's not James Noble (I did a fair bit of research). However it is cheap Pakistani or Chinese made steel (hardness varies) with little attention to fit and finish on the scales. The knives are permanently under huge discount.

You get what you pay for. If you want something shiney that at first glance looks cool to sit in a drawer go for it.

But check out alibaba and ali express to see what they sell for at cost. That may put you off further.

http://m.alibaba.com/product/536604575/Hunting_knife_damascus_fixed_blade.html

Check this one out, you could buy 300 of these at $12's a pop then sell them on for £70 for a tidy profit. Given there is a supply availability of 50000 per month I'm guessing they're not made with love and attention to detail.

M

Last edited:

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
From the site you just quoted... :lmao:
2pcs-lot-AK47-type-Tactical-Folding-Blade-Knife-Survival-Outdoor-Hunting-Camping-Combat-Pocket-Knife-Withjpg_220x220_zps18ab41be.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE