Damaged Gore Tex Bivvy Bag Wanted

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Hi all

I am converting a couple of British army issue Gore Tex bivvy bags and need a damaged bag as a donor for making storm flaps to protect the zips.

Does anyone have a damaged British army issue bivvy bag please, preferably in OG.

I have a Boker sharp shiny thing and a few pouches and waterbottles with pouches and a couple of homemade stainless steel billy cans to swap.

Hope someone can help

Cheers

Phill :bye: :thanks:

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Hi TeeDee

I'm putting zips down the centre of the bag, like endicotts do to the Dutch bivy bags, which have storm flaps over the zips.

I want the donor bivy bag to make a flap to go over the zip which will velcro shut to keep the worst of any weather off them.

Phill

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Hi TeeDee

I'm putting zips down the centre of the bag, like endicotts do to the Dutch bivy bags, which have storm flaps over the zips.

I want the donor bivy bag to make a flap to go over the zip which will velcro shut to keep the worst of any weather off them.

Phill

Tried that;)

But maybe you'll be better at it:D

I've opted for a dutch bag with velcro as I'll be below tarp anyway.

You'll only need a flap if you're going to use the bivi without a tarp.

My current sleeping bags for use with same are a nannok (ray mears golden eagle) and a (French or Belgian) military one, both with central zipper.

The central zipper makes a big difference for getting in and out btw.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Thanks for the input guys, but I want to put a storm flap on the bivy bags as the friend of mine that will be doing the work is very handy with a sewing machine and I don't want to ask her to modify them later on, so I will get her to do it all at once.

Cheers

Phill

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
done the same to my bag phill (well my mother did the sewing), i pondering with adding a flap myself, but i used waterproof zips, similar to those used on the westwind/bcuk ventile jackets if you know of them, so am hoping those along with a tarp will be enough, havn't got round to trying it in the bath yet to see if there are any leaks. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE