Dalby Forest

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Well it looks like another nice day so we are off to Dalby forest to do the Bride Stones and have a pic nic etc.

Anyone else got any plans for such a nice day?

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
It ain't that nice! Cold out there and even colder up at Dalby. But at least it's sheltered.
Was going up there myself, but too much on.
Have a good day.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Just been out bimbling in fields and woods this morning, gathered a bag of blackberries and raspberries for some bread and butter pudding tonight, yum.
Also gathered a few cattail heads which were strangely growing in a water logged cattle grid, miles away from any water as well.

For some reason I put my Buffalo shirt on this morning, I wasn't too bad until it warmed up a bit, I think I must have lost a few pounds along the way.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Was a nice day today. Bloomin busy though. Got a decent haul of Bilberries though.
Bit of bouldering on the bride stones was fun too. Wasnt too cold I managed in shorts and T shirts...lol Loads of Hazels but looks like the squirrels have been busy. Spotted a few sweet chestnuts that have gone in my foraging journal for future reference. Back to the grind stone tomorrow and I have a really crappy first 2 days so needed this today.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Nice one. Not long after i posted that the weather was naff, the damn sun came out!

Dalby forest is great, my kids love it when we go because i let them run about and show them different plants etc.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Alrite Nat yeh it wasnt to bad at all mate, bit of a breeze but still very pleasant.

To be fair thats pretty much what we did we even found a small patch of raspberries which were really sweet. My lad cobbled a lot of Hazel that someone had cut and just left lying around, I think they had been building shelters. Anyway its in the garage now to dry out
we are going to have a go at some walking staffs.

We ended up at the new visitor centre for a coffee whilst the kids ran of the last of their energy.

Was trying to spot a few places that may do for a cheeky one over the Autumn.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Alright fella

New visitor centre? They have two now or just the big one with hte display and shop underneath near the cycle hire places?

Hazel is good, might have to take a trip up there next weekend..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE