Cutthroat razor

Mike Bowler

Dec 31, 2008
Cheshire UK
Hi guys just wanted to show off my new cutthroat razor made by Benjamin Cardoso from France.had my first shave and must say it is very sharp :sweat: made from O1 and G10
R0012863.jpg
R0012862.jpg
R0012861.jpg
R0012860.jpg
R0012859.jpg
R0012857.jpg
R0012856.jpg
R0012854.jpg
R0012853.jpg
R0012852.jpg

Thanks for looking

EarthToSimon

Forager
Feb 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I really like that!
Does it have a curved blade or is it just the photo? Not seen one like that before, is it much harder to strop that the straight blade types?

I'm using a shavette a lot at the moment, might upgrade to a real straight soon.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice. Not too keen on the spydie type hole but it's got a lovely smile to it. I love smiling blades... Should shave a real treat that, enjoy!

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
That looks awesome and also properly scary at the same time! Do they get them that sharp by simply going to an incredibly high grit?

Mike Bowler

Dec 31, 2008
Cheshire UK
That does look lovely Mike.

Those things strike fear into my heart....why would any sane man scrape a blade that sharp across his face !

Robbi I had a go today and was petrified I was going to cut myself

I really like that!
Does it have a curved blade or is it just the photo? Not seen one like that before, is it much harder to strop that the straight blade types?

Yes mate it has a curved blade ,not stopped it yet as it came ready to use

I'm using a shavette a lot at the moment, might upgrade to a real straight soon.

get a good one when you upgrade I had a £45 one and was useless just could not get a sharp blade for shaving
This guy sends a video of it been tested on his face .he sells them .PM me for a price if you want to know ,as I don't want to break the rules

That is nice! Does the hole serve a purpose?

hole is a design he puts in his knives

Nice. Not too keen on the spydie type hole but it's got a lovely smile to it. I love smiling blades... Should shave a real treat that, enjoy!

Spidie hole is his take on them

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

Ben has licence to use the Spydie hole. Spyderco are currently working on one of his friction folders. I don't own one of his razors, but I'd imagine the hole gives some nice control over a blade that's slick with suds.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
That looks awesome and also properly scary at the same time! Do they get them that sharp by simply going to an incredibly high grit?

Basically, yes. I tend to set bevels at 1000 and finish on +12K natural stones. Then I strop with compound on a paddle strop then a hanging strop without. The steel is paper thin near the edge so they end up incredibly sharp!

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Spidie hole is his take on them

Ya I figured that must be the case. Nice razor!

Ben has licence to use the Spydie hole. Spyderco are currently working on one of his friction folders. I don't own one of his razors, but I'd imagine the hole gives some nice control over a blade that's slick with suds.

Lolz at needing a licence to drill a hole in a blade of any description. I'll do one soon with a hole in it and see if I get served with cease and desist papers from Spyderco's solicitors! I'll stick an earring through the hole though. Ha!

Aug 29, 2013
Le mans france
Hi thank you for enjoying that straight :). Thank you mike for showing the straight here :D.

I will do a small introduction in the right section but before i answer to some question :D

Lolz at needing a licence to drill a hole in a blade of any description. I'll do one soon with a hole in it and see if I get served with cease and desist papers from Spyderco's solicitors! I'll stick an earring through the hole though. Ha!

Some years ago you needed the licenced to use the hole as opening system for one hand opening. Now Round hole is simply a Trademark from Spyderco. As I'm a big fan of the brand, i did the work to obtain the licence.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE