Customized F1 for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
Customized F1 for sale

gjf1b.jpg

gjf1a.jpg

gjf1c.jpg

gjf1d.jpg

This is the very first Fällkniven blade that I customized. A guy ordered an H1 and this F1 as a set in the same stabilised wood, and wanted me to etch my name / logo on the opposite side to the Fällkniven logo (something that I not usually do if I haven’t made the blade myself). When the knives were finished, but before the sheaths were made the customer dropped the order, which left me with two knives. The H1 was sold earlier this year to a friend of mine, and this is the F1.
Handle scales is made of stabilised ash burl dyed “greyish purple” (at least that was what the label said), you judge the colour yourself. Brass Corby rivets and brass thong tube, thin reddish brown Vulcan fibre spacer between steel and wood). Leather thong with reindeer antler “pearl”.
Size should be well known to anybody who have handled Fällkniven F1’s before, but for those who has not the measurements are: blade length – 9,9 cm, handle length – 11,3 cm.
Blade blank is slightly modified (fingerguard area + bottom of handle).
Black leather sheath.

Price £ 130,- including postage by registred and insured airmail to anywhere on this planet.
Payment by PayPal (same price, no extras) or bank guaranteed check.
Comments are welcome, and thanks for looking.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
That is a beautiful piece of work. I get the urge to reach for my credit card every time I see those pictures. I have no need for another knife but am still sorely tempted. I am just hoping if I can resist long enough so someone will step in before me.

Out of interest what grind is the blade. It does not look like a normal secondary edge more convex but seems to only go convex very near the edge. I guess this would make it pretty robust but not laser sharp.

masongary44

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 6, 2004
Leeds, England
Thats a great price, I bought one with the green Micarta handle a while back and it cost me more, and is nowhere near as nice.......

Beautiful handle material..... Hmmmmm where did i put that credit card... No No Resist.....

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
Thanks guys !

MagiKelly said:
....Out of interest what grind is the blade. It does not look like a normal secondary edge more convex but seems to only go convex very near the edge. I guess this would make it pretty robust but not laser sharp.
The grind is the same convex grind as on the ordinary and well known Fällkniven F1 - starting at the spine and then going convex all the way to the edge. The line close to the edge (about 6 mm) is from the lamination (blade is laminated VG10 steel)

masongary44 said:
Thats a great price, I bought one with the green Micarta handle a while back and it cost me more, and is nowhere near as nice.......
Beautiful handle material..... Hmmmmm where did i put that credit card... No No Resist.....
:Wow: :Wow: :Wow: :Wow: :Wow: :Wow:
Seek and ye shall find
:Wow: :Wow: :Wow: :Wow: :Wow: :Wow:

:D :rolleyes: :p

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
They are fantastic knives and the custom job looks excellent - mmmmm if only....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE