Custom made Knife...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushmeister

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2005
Leicestershire
Knife made for me by Savantuk on British Blades forum a few years ago. Has been a user not a ‘drawer queen’ so not in ‘perfect’ condition, but in good condition well cared for over the years (one small dent on the wooden handle – gained when splitting logs 3 years ago!).

The steel as described by Savantuk is: "Solingen 440C steel, which I'm led to believe is one of the best of the 'non-powdered' crucible blade steels. It is 0.95 - 1.2 % carbon, and has a Rockwell Hardness of 60. That's the best I can do I'm afraid. It's good steel, ideal for knives, and very hard wearing. It keeps a good edge, and is easier to sharpen than the new breed of powdered steel."

The handle is beautiful spalted beech with brass mosaic pins and thick dark wood (?teak?) liners. The sheath’s been properly made with 4mm tanned leather, grooved, boned, dyed, and the edges enamelled. It’s also stamped with the maker’s mark.
I have put a convex edge on this and it’s razor sharp, but can easily be sharpened to full scandi. Perhaps not the most ‘high tech’ steel, but very easy to keep sharp in the field with flat river rocks or whatever comes to hand.

I shall miss her, but just have too many knives to keep them all! I reckon it's worth about 110 quid given the condition - NOW REDUCED TO 60-70 QUID!! , so willing to consider anything for roughly equivalent value.

Cheers,

BM
PS will also throw in used flint steel

Knife5.jpg

Knife4.jpg

knife3.jpg

Knife1.jpg

Bushmeister

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2005
Leicestershire
OK still available and am probably gonna regret it, but how about swaps worth around 60-70 quid for a quick swap! - Anything considered!!

BM

PS particularly keen to get my hands on a Gransfors axe...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE