Custom Katz Lion King/Fire Steel Combo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PeterHW

Forager
Dec 31, 2005
U.K.
This Knife has not been used and is in NIB condition.

100_0059-1.jpg

100_0060.jpg

100_0062.jpg

The firesteel has a matching white ivory micarta handle with red liner made by Mick Wardell. The sheath has had a loop added and been died deep Burgandy to match the liner and to match the colouring on Ray Mears belts and pouch accessories.

The sheath is done in superb Spanish Leather and shape, stitching and friction fit are excellent...it even has a drain hole on the rear for any river crossing or similar condition.
This is the best sheath I have seen on a production knife.

The knife is the top of the range Katz in the Katz series and is constructed from their propriatory XT80 Stainless Steel which is known for it's excellent ability to hold and retain an edge and the steel is hardend to Rc 59. The factory edge is hollow ground and razor sharp and nothing has been done to it. At .24" thick this knife can take some serious use and is very highly regarded in the US and Canada as a Wilderness Survival Knife.

The design of the knife is very well done for such use. There is a deep and strong steel pommel which can be used very effectively for fir cones/seeds/nuts or tent pegs. The balance point is exactly on the front two rivits and having a hidden tang this has one of the most comfortable grips I have found. It balances well and has forward serrations on the spine for an excellent choke grip for delicate work. The 6 inch blade has a tapered and thick point excellent for reaming out fire drill bowls or notching/eyelet carving and has sufficient weight using a rear lanyard and grip for chopping. When used as a Baton it also has the benefit of the sabre grind sides to easily split wood. This is my second knife of this type and was bought as an up-grade from their rubber grip version but has not been used.....having sold the older version this is a very reluctant sale as I think for a stainless blade which has edge retention on par with the best carbon steels I like this knife very much. However....family problems with redundancies has me needing to move some of my knives and this one is in "new" condition. The knife cost £245 and the fire steel made for it was £20-£30 from memory....asking £200 therefore should hopefully price this to sell! This includes RMSD within the UK and would prefer a cheque or other none fee paying method but will accept Paypal if need be. Will sell abroad if the extra postage cost is covered. Go on.....treat yourself....:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE