Crete

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Ok, So you get offered the chance to lay about in Crete for a few days.....what can you do there...?
I'm facing this nightmare :( :lmao:
Any-who I will not be taking any sharps due to feeling guilty about sto'ing them in the hold (it is legal right?..but i'd feel rubbish like i'm doing some thing wrong), I may take a few sheets of sand paper for wood work and sharpening a folder if i find one over there, and a fire kit to practice with. but what reallly can i get up to in the wilds of Crete?
Is there much to practice...forrage....purchase?

As usual Clue less one is asking for advice :sadwavey:

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Get friendly with some of the locals and go shooting with them , i've done that a few times on the greek islands, some have a fine selection of firearms. Plenty of places to walk around Crete if you are into your history. Lots of different reptiles to go looking for to. Of course you could follow the norm and laze around on a beach all day. Cheers.
Daz

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Crete is great. The locals are friendly. The food is excellent. It has beaches and mountains. There is a shedload of history: Minoan, ancient Greek, and invasion by the Romans, Byzantines, Venetians, Turks, and finally the Nazis, who invaded by parachute.

The Samaria gorge is a cracking walk and the cheapest way is by an organised tour. Then you can go back and explore the mountain country indepedently.
Definitely go - you will enjoy it.
Good 'bring-backs' are herbs, spices and possibly a Cretan dagger.

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Thanks.....Imay indeed look for some reptiles....I'll just stumble about and see what's out there.
I think the locals would need more than a few days before they come out shooting with me...and not at me ;)

It looks pretty sparsly popultated around the village....so i''ll just wander jog about as my fave way of exploring new places.

I will get out and see if some historical tours are on offer (Archaeology was one of my most liked subjects at college..back in the '90s).

Any who i'll let you know what happens.

Mojo

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE