Cramp ball and Silver Birch Barch Tinder

brumstar123

Forager
Dec 17, 2009
new forest
I've got a hoard of birch bark rolls and cramp balls from a trip over christmas, couple of fallen ash and birch so i went to town on it!!

Anyone finding it hard to source these tinders locally i've got loads so make me an offer.

Per pack i'd include 10 crampballs and a square roll of 4" birc:soapbox::surrender:
For all you conservationists out there, once its gone its gone, i wont be going back out to satisfy any more demand :nono:
:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Birch bark I have and can acquire within a minute's walk of the house, but I'd like some cramp balls :)

What sort of things would you consider a fair swap ?

cheers,
Toddy

brumstar123

Forager
Dec 17, 2009
new forest
Any thing really, they cost me nothing so anything you wouldn't miss really, any materials for knife making, leahter pouch, webbing straps for tree huggers, carrabiners, dyneema cord, dry bags, stufflike that, not expecting anything much for them, i just don't need five cardboard boxes of cramp balls!!

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
i've got 4 metres of 6mm dyneema cord and some of 9?mm purlon rope needing a home if you like?

cheers
matt

Ivan Owen

Tenderfoot
Just googled cramp balls to see what they were and i'm now gutted to find out that a lil while back working for a tree surgeon we half filled a bin with these from a couple of big (basically dead) Ash trees.
What a waste!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE