Couple of Spoons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Couple of spoons i carved / finished today

First one is a Sycamore spoon i started last week whilst on a bimble with Hugo & RM

DSCN7585.jpg

Second one is a serving spoon in Beech, still need to hollow the bowl out and refine the shape;

DSCN7598.jpg

DSCN7593.jpg

Third one, an eating spoon, again in Beech;

DSCN7573.jpg

DSCN7575.jpg

DSCN7570.jpg

DSCN7581.jpg

DSCN7604.jpg

DSCN7568.jpg

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Damn they are nice!
Should work out how to have my stems that thin and perfectly formed!:(
Can't wait to see how the last spoon turns out!
Well done that man!
Always love your work!.

RM

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Damn they are nice!
Should work out how to have my stems that thin and perfectly formed!:(
Can't wait to see how the last spoon turns out!
Well done that man!
Always love your work!.

RM

Cheers mate, the stem is easy, make it narrow in plan view, but make it deep in profile, that way you keep all the strength of the wood, but can carve a really elegant narrow neck on the spoon.:)

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Again nice work there Kepis mate, that beech wood was a handy find, I found it a little hard to whittle but got good results in the end.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers Hugo.

Hopefully we can get some more later in the week, i love the stuff, cant let a whole branch like the one that dropped go to waste, might even take a bigger rucksack than normal;)

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
nice one mate, they are really something els, are you still making youtube vids? if so may I put a request in, for you to demo some of your carving techniques :)
i know, i know im a cheeky monkey 

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
nice one mate, they are really something els, are you still making youtube vids? if so may I put a request in, for you to demo some of your carving techniques :)
i know, i know im a cheeky monkey 

cheers mate, i dont do YT anymore im afraid, got fed up with all carp from the arm chair guru's and self proclaimed experts, have even considered deleting the lot and not bothering at with it at all, if you get yer yourself down this way at some point, im more than happy to pass on some of my carving techniques to you first hand though. The question is, can you get away from work for a couple of days midweek?.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE