Cotswold Way - Sherston to Dodington

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
The weather has been good so tuesday afternoon as part of my 'get fit' program i decided to take a walk along the Cotswold way from my house with my dogs and a 25kg bergan. The route is approximately 13 miles although the Cotswold way path does not start (no this walk) till Hawksbury Upton. For this walk i used a combination of a OS 1:25,000 select and the excellent Havey Cotswold way long distance route map (the whole route on one map and waterproof - of particular note are the warning marks which show where they may be a particular nav difficulty due to route not marked multiple footpaths etc). Other nav equipment taken a Silva 54/4 a roamer and a small GPS non of which were required as the route is well defined in most places and where it is not the map was sufficient to easily follow the course. Id recommend this as a good afternoons walk with mixed woodland some greatviews natural and stunning cotwold villages - fairly flat with a few short and modest inclines and declines.
Below is the route from anquet.
cotswoldroute.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

the top reaches of the River Avon
IMG_0320.jpg

Lord Somersets Memorial
IMG_0324.jpg

lengths of the field verges have been set aside and seeded to establish wild flower beds
IMG_0327-1.jpg

IMG_0328-1.jpg

IMG_0333-1.jpg

IMG_0334-1.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0343-1.jpg

Church at Little Sodbury
IMG_0346-1.jpg

Little Sodbury Hill fort
IMG_0345.jpg

Little Sodbury Hill fort
IMG_0350-1.jpg

Ryecroft

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 26, 2007
North Shropshire
Nice pics, thanks.

I like walks like that, mixed terrain and points of interest along route. Looks a nice part of the country.

Do you feel fitter now? :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE