Copper tinder box

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Finally got around to making myself something out of copper, a tinder box up-cycled from 3" copper drain pipe.
8ygu9e6a.jpg
epu6asar.jpg
anamumu7.jpg
e8uqysyh.jpg
aheqe6e2.jpg

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
That's really really nice. Being hand made makes it much more tactile and a pleasure to use.

In the true spirit of a tinder box/pouch/firelighting.

I would purchase one but I think the price of the hours of labour woulkd be prohibitive:(

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
e2evupyt.jpg
uzaha9un.jpg
aby5etyh.jpg

The hinge was formed into the two top pieces by simply rolling material over the hinge pin and cutting away the material for the overlap.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nice job mate.. I can remember doing a couple of bits of sheet work like that in my apprenticeship :)... did wonder about trying again... now you have ignited my wants...lol..

well done love it :)

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
Wow thats a superb bit of work there! How did you make the lip on the inside of the lid? And are the sheets joined by solder or is there a better alternative? And that hinge is also great - seriously nice that :)

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Wow thats a superb bit of work there! How did you make the lip on the inside of the lid? And are the sheets joined by solder or is there a better alternative? And that hinge is also great - seriously nice that :)

The lip is just some copper wire I brazed onto the lid, I use copper phosphorus brazing rod and mapp gas to join everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE