COOL Camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
I walked past my favourite bookshop today and saw this in the window. I should definately not be spending money on MORE books, so I thought I'd have a quick peek in it and then walk on by...

...Yeah right

Anyway, the book is called 'Cool Camping: England' by Jonathon Knight the website is www.coolcamping.co.uk and it lists 40 exceptional campsites. I've only had chance to skim it so far but it does list a couple that allow fires (Blackberry Wood in Sussex & Orchard Camping in Suffolk) and the others all have stunning views, locations or some other 'cool' slant (yurts/teepees/islands/sheer isolation etc)

I think you're mostly paying for some very pretty pictures, but as its such pot luck when you try somewhere new (especially if you use a regular campsite guide) I thought I could justify the retail therapy!

Ho hum...

j ;)

ps there is another book bizarrely with the same title on ebay at the mo, but its not that one!

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
janiepopps said:
ps there is another book bizarrely with the same title on ebay at the mo, but its not that one!
Looks interesting. Might have a skim through that one in the shop... ;)

nice of them to put this on the site though:

WHAT? Another 'Cool Camping' book?

They say imitation is the best form of flattery, so we're mighty flattered that huge publishing conglomerate Harper Collins have published a book with the same name, just 2 months after Cool Camping: England. We're pleased to say their book, also called Cool Camping, by cookery writer Laura James, is a great-looking book - but it's a bit short on useful info.

Whereas Cool Camping: England is a guidebook to the best places to camp, Cool Camping by Laura James takes more of a 'isn't camping wonderful' approach with campfire stories, recipes, i-pod playlists and general camping chit-chat. Still, it's a lovely little book, with plenty of pictures, and we wish Laura all the best. Click here to see 'the other Cool Camping book' on Amazon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE