Cooking And Eating Roadkill 'Coon.

dwolfhunter

Jan 27, 2011
Virginia, USA
Gotta say...I just do not recommend eating any roadkilled animal...unless it happened right in front of you.OTOH, raccoon is excellent meat and tastes a bit "porky"...er..."pork-ish"?

freshoneproductions

Aug 3, 2011
London
Hi there,

We are a television production company in London and we are currently in the process of curing badger ham and following a given recipe.

I wondered if anyone would have some badger ham by chance for us to taste or anyone who has previously made it and could advise us on taste etc.

If you could reply to this and maybe we could discuss further, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Regards

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Hi there,

We are a television production company in London and we are currently in the process of curing badger ham and following a given recipe.

I wondered if anyone would have some badger ham by chance for us to taste or anyone who has previously made it and could advise us on taste etc.

If you could reply to this and maybe we could discuss further, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Regards

Are you licensed for that? You do know the laws surrounding the protection of badgers act I presume.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Hi there,

Regards

I'm a little confused as Badgers are a protected species so I assume you are refering to roadkills...which in law is illegal as the use, transportation & commerce of a protected species & parts thereof is forbidden ( I suppose though there are relevant licences available)

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
I've eaten roadkill rabbits in the past, I used my nose though to test their edibility, if it turned my stomach the dog got it, if I didn't wretch, it was mine.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm a little confused as Badgers are a protected species so I assume you are refering to roadkills...which in law is illegal as the use, transportation & commerce of a protected species & parts thereof is forbidden ( I suppose though there are relevant licences available)

I'd think I'd file their idea under "Hasn't thought it through".
There would also be serious uproar from the viewers, unless they're trying to court controversy as per most media nowadays.

Might be an idea if the cull goes ahead though - TB Burgers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE