Convex Damage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I was away yesterday and today and lacking in things to do so i thought i'd damage my knife!

So i went about splitting this and batoning that. I ended up with quite a lot of kindling for our hosts. And eventually i checked my knife and DINK! It was a big one and i feared i had bitten off more that i could chew.

My DC4 is a very agressive stone, and it took me no time to almost completely get rid of it. (the dent that is).
It was worrying though, i thought i might mess up the knife, it felt completely wrong grinding the edge down. Never done that before. After a while i managed to get it back in working order, not quite razor all over yet.

Even after affirming me belief that i can infact repair a convex, i aint a convert. If i was to dent an Alan Wood bushcrafter in convex i wouldnt have the guts to repair it myself. So i think i am sticking to a Flat grind for me.

So, although i know (no matter how much i tell myself that i wont) i will be buying the svord sooner or later flat grinds are still my favoured grinds.

Cheers,

Jake

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE