Considering coming but practicalities of not having a car...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silkhi

Forager
Mar 28, 2015
N Yorks
Firstly I couldn't find any hints as to the price of a taxi from Bridgend - can anyone help?

Secondly there's obviously no way I can carry enough provisions for a couple of weeks using public transport - I am mostly thinking of gin here - food meh who needs it! Seriously though - any communal shop/supermarket visits on offer? Willing to help with costs of course I wouldn't want to be a burden. I guess if there's enough of us in similar circumstances we could arrange something between ourselves?

Anyone else been before without transport with tips or suggestions?

I guess I could buy and insure a cheap car for the occasion and drive down but I would prefer to avoid that if possible...

Thanks in advance

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I have been to bush moot 3 times using train and taxi. Around a tenner including tip from Bridgend station. You can walk from site to Bridgend. As for food there is a group buy for Rat Packs which will see you fed no problem.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Don't be put off Silkhi,
If enough folk know what time you are due to arrive at the station, a lift to the site is a virtual certainty, just a little planning required. Mobile phone signal at the site is sketchy at best - so while you could call from the station, there is no guarantee that the call will get through. Supply runs to the local supermarket are going to happen too, so lifts are easy to arrange.

ATB

Ogri the trog

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Besides the above advise, I think if your only need for a car is this trip, I'd be more likely to rent than buy.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I have generally found myself making daily or bi daily trips to the supermarket. This year I don't have a fridge because the cubs are camping the same day as we're mooting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE