Condor Bushlore or Schrade pro hunter

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have one of the new Bushlore knives and its top quality thick blade very robust, so can take some serious graft. It can also be sharpened to a real edge as I found out to my cost whilst cutting feather sticks received several stitches. Aint got no experience with the Pro Hunter , mind you it looks very nice but looks can be deceiving. I would like to try one of them out in the future. Good luck with your choice.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
I can't speak about the Condor but I did have a Schrade Pro Hunter many years ago, but it was a U.S.A. made knife while the ones available today are made in China I believe.
My recollections of the Schrade: -a fairly heavy knife for it's size, very well made, nice sheath, but had a blade much thicker than I liked. I'm guessing a bit but if I recall the blade was 3/16''ish thick. No idea how the new ones compare to the old though.
The Condor knives seem to be favourably thought of by lots of people.

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
It go to fit your hand, so thats the most important part.
Outside this, personally, I would go for the Condor because of the carbon steel blade.
On the other hand, often enough Condor are said to be very shoddily made: large gaps at the handle, uneven ground blade, etc.
The Schrade wouldnt have these problems, chinese production usually is as good as it gets, even at a price like this.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE