Condor Bushlore knife 2011 version heads up

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
Just for your information

Hennies are now stocking the updated 2011 version of the Condor Bushlore knife.

Following some critisism of the original version Condor have rejigged the knife with a slimmer blade thickness and done away with the quite substantial ricasso the last incarnation had.

i have just ordered one for £30.95 posted

Max

Last edited:

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
hi mate, when yours arives let me no what you think of the reduction in thickness, once i put a 25 degree bevel on the original version i found mine great, and you still have the heft of the 4.5 mill behind it.
and also a few pics of the reduction of the ricasso please, as that is the next step for mine.

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
Will do

Also - If you have a look at the knife at the bushcraftstore they have a pic of the new version
Hennies are still showing the older version on their site

regards
Max

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Also had the conformation from Hennies today that it is the new version they are stocking

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
The Bushlore i ordered arrived yesterday so delivery was very swift indeed.

I measured the blade thickness and it's 3mm it still feels very solid in the hand- It's just my personal preference but i do prefer a thinner blade and 3mm is about right for me

sheath is pretty good for the price and fits the knife very snugly - handle on mine has been filled near the front where it doesnt fit exactly but for the price i'm not complaining - i can always replace the handle in the future.

pleased up to now - will post more when i have used it a bit.

Regards
Max

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
The Bushlore i ordered arrived yesterday so delivery was very swift indeed.

I measured the blade thickness and it's 3mm it still feels very solid in the hand- It's just my personal preference but i do prefer a thinner blade and 3mm is about right for me

sheath is pretty good for the price and fits the knife very snugly - handle on mine has been filled near the front where it doesnt fit exactly but for the price i'm not complaining - i can always replace the handle in the future.

pleased up to now - will post more when i have used it a bit.

Regards
Max

Saw a picture of a reworked older model condor on here the other day, had a higher grind and cleaned up handle and it looked great. Show us the new one mate! I've only seen a stock picture of it.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
View attachment 5685View attachment 5686View attachment 5687View attachment 5688View attachment 5689

Pics as requested - don't think they help much though- apologies as my camera is probably one of the very first digital cameras - it was pretty good in it's day - it's just not it's day anymore! (a bit like me)

Any questions i'll try to answer them but i'm not a knife expert

Regards
max
cheer's for them mate, does the grind look equal now? ie when you look down at the knife edge, by the ricasso does the blade edge meet perfectly in the middle i hope that makes sense.

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
The grind on this one is 100% spot on symetrical - i owned an A wright bushcraft knife a while back and it was a mess!

Looking at my knife from that angle does highlight the small gap in the end 10mm of the scales which has been filled however!

regards
Max

cheer's for them mate, does the grind look equal now? ie when you look down at the knife edge, by the ricasso does the blade edge meet perfectly in the middle i hope that makes sense.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
cheers mate, by the looks of things they have taken the criticism on board and rectified the problems with the old ones, and if that is the case you will not beat this knife for the money. as i really rate the 1075 steel, holds a great edge, and gets very very sharp.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE