Computer virus - help me get rid of the little blighter!

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I clicked on a link on Facebook and I now seem to have a computer virus. The virus is asking for permission to acces the command prompt which, obviously, I cancel. I have removed the folder/exe file (c:\users\my user name\appdata\local\temp\dwpkjb.exe) and stopped the dwpkjb process but every time I reboot I get the virus trying to access the command prompt again. How do I find and kill this virus? I have AV software but this is not seeing the virus.
I'm running Windows XP (or is it Vista??)

Cheers

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Download Malwarebytes from a trusted site, such as Filehippo install and reboot into safe mode with F8, and run a complete scan, when it has completed the scan, allow it to fix what it finds. Whilst in safe mode do another virus scan. While your at it, also download spyware blaster from the same site and run it, it vaccinates against a lot of the exploits used by maleware to infect your computer and SuperantiSpyware, which as a decent real-time scanning engine that works in the background. You may also want to install a firewall, I recommend Comodo, and I have found Avast antivirus free to very good, read a few reviews on its capabilities.

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
Download Malwarebytes from a trusted site, such as Filehippo install and reboot into safe mode with F8, and run a complete scan, when it has completed the scan, allow it to fix what it finds. Whilst in safe mode do another virus scan. While your at it, also download spyware blaster from the same site and run it, it vaccinates against a lot of the exploits used by maleware to infect your computer and SuperantiSpyware, which as a decent real-time scanning engine that works in the background. You may also want to install a firewall, I recommend Comodo, and I have found Avast antivirus free to very good, read a few reviews on its capabilities.

+1 malwarebytes is the dogs.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
System Restore has worked but I'll upgrade my software as per the above suggestions,

cheers

Bob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE