COMPETITION...What's in Santa's Large Sack?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
OK Ladies and Gents
I have a little competition for you. Below are 20 photos of various bits of kit (most cunningly disguised by a layer of frost camo!) and a few other random things. I would like you to tell me what each one of the items is. The more detail you give, the better your chance of winning. For instance, some of the items featured are actually 'parts' of bigger items...so if you can tell me what the part is and what it is part of...you get extra credit!

Not all the pics are the right way around So please be careful when lifting up your monitors ;)

The photos have either been taken by me or a member of my family. Anyone caught trying to bribe a member of the family will be awarded extra credit for ingenuity. Anyone trying to bribe me will also be awarded extra credit as I'm not likely to get a Christmas present.
I am the judge (that may sound a little like Sly Stallone for any film buffs out there) and I make up the rules (as I go along usually), however, these rules are non refundable, non returnable and have absolutely no warranty what so ever...but they are still the rules!
Each entrant may only have one go
Each entrant must have made at least 50 posts by the time the competition closes
answers must be posted in the thread and NOT by PM
Early entries get extra credit in the marking system
The judge's decision is final

I will run this competition until 20:00 Christmas Eve. I will then decide who I think should win based on most correct answers with detail.
There will also be a runner up prize for the funniest entry. So, you do not have to put the correct answers...just funny ones...or a mix...it's up to you.
There will also be a booby prize for the person that I think deserves it (and this will wholly depend on the sort of entries there are).
HOWEVER, it is still only one entry per person...so choose your answers carefully.
Prizes will be from a random selection of stuff that I have in my Bushcraft Supplies Store (That would be the boxes scattered around my office then) or I might splash out and buy something special for the occasion...we'll just have to wait and see.
Prizes will be delivered after the hols, once I've got rid of the in-laws (Trevor Jordache/Brookside anyone?)
I hope you will find this worthwhile and maybe have a laugh while you're doing it
It may still be a little early but...
Season's Greetings to you all
Sack

NB: For those of you that are going to take the time to do this, it may be advisable to use Notepad (PC) or similar program in order to get your answers together, then copy and paste into your post. This will stop the post from timing out while you are composing your answers. After the comp ends, I'll make another post with the original photos so you can see what everything really is.

1)
IMG_1857-2.jpg

2)
walesG101033.jpg

3)
IMG_1864.jpg

4)
IMG_1863.jpg

5)
walesG101032.jpg

6)
IMG_1861.jpg

7)
walesG101031.jpg

8)
walesG10227.jpg

9)
IMG_1859.jpg

10)
IMG_1858.jpg

11)
IMG_1856.jpg

12)
IMG_1855.jpg

13)
IMG_1853.jpg

14)
IMG_1851.jpg

15)
walesG10224.jpg

16)
IMG_1848.jpg

17)
IMG_1847.jpg

18)
IMG_1878.jpg

19)
IMG_1849.jpg

20)
walesG10322.jpg

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Quality comp mate

I've got a couple of them but I've no idea what the rest are.

This is not my entry btw :)

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Quality comp mate

I've got a couple of them but I've no idea what the rest are.

This is not my entry btw :)

Hi Rich

It will be interesting to see just how well people know their kit ;) ...LOL Glad you pointed out that wasn't your entry mate...or I might have been putting it in the Booby Prize Category

Thanks
Sack

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
I'm not entering the comp as I haven't a clue........No.15 is a Golden Retriever though I suspect it's his name we should be guessing :)

I'm intrigued, how did you get the frost effect ?

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
I'm intrigued, how did you get the frost effect ?

LMAO ...:) Although I am proficient in the use of Photoshop it is far more simple. Just pitch your tent/hammock/tarp, go to sleep and when you wake up and it's -5c you can then take some frost effect photos!

Cheers
Sack

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
great comp :)

so far i reckon i've got.........2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20......but i'm not going to tell you what they are yet :)

( this is not my entry :) )

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
great comp :)

so far i reckon i've got.........2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20......but i'm not going to tell you what they are yet :)

( this is not my entry :) )

LOL...Robbi don't forget that I'm issuing extra credit for the earlier entries :)

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
1: windscreen wipers on your truck
2: mini compass
3: handle of your stainless mug
4: lid on your expresso maker
5: watch (timex, who cares)
6: lid for your cooking pot/ crusader cup
7: water purification bottle
8: fish and chip bar, fat bloke enjoying a nice cold beer, sorry!
9:door hingers on your landy.
10 : small swiss trainga fuel cap
11: camera lens
12: Hammock strap
13: landy fuel cap
14: outside water tap
15: silly dog, golden Retriever
16: small sink
17:cap off your jerry can / big water carrier
18: inside your sleeping bag
19: hinges off your landy or your ammo box
20: some sort of fish and eggs small bass.

well, I don't mind winning or loosing its the taking part that counts, if you go to the moot next year, check me out for grogs and food.
cheers the interceptor boy.

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Blimey...I thought there would be more action on this thread :)

The prizes will be worth it...especially as we are all likely to be broke in the new year!

Just have a few guesses...if it really is as hard as some of you think, then have a guess anyway...you may be surprised.

As a hint... the interceptor boy only has six...but I am deducting a point for calling my dog silly (my rules) ;) and no extra points for detail

Surely someone can do better

ATB
Sack

LuckyDucky

Forager
Dec 7, 2011
Hertfordshire
1 window wiper imprints on your vehicle
2 Silva compas (wrist)
3 Belt buckle
4 Petrol/diesel cap
5 Luminox watch colour mark or 3000 original
6 filter
7 engine hose
8 you outside a fish and chip bar drinking real ale
9 Hindge off landrover
10 rubber Suspension boot
11 ring
12 webbing
13 battery cap
14 male tap end
15 golden retriever
16 inside back of landrover
17 water cap
18 inside of tent
19 bonnet hindges of landrover defender btw
20 small carp

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
can't believe it...two entries...is that it?
surely some of you kit freaks can guess some of the items....?
after christmas I am going to re post this comp but with the pics expanded and I honestly think some of you will squirm, and some of you will be embarrassed and some will hang their heads in shame ;)

come on, have a go.

I am not going to publish the prizes until after christmas eve but as said before, it will be worth entering...if only for a laugh.

have a go
seasonal cheers
Sack

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
OK I guess.......

1 where window wipers were on your windsreen
2 Silva button compass
3 gate latch
4 Stove primer pump
5 Luminox 3000 original Navy seal watch
6 stove pressure release valve
7 camelback bite valve
8 you outside a fish and chip bar drinking cider
9 door bracket
10 trangia burner lid
11 fuel bottle lid
12 webbing on a bedroll
13 jerrycan lid
14 water tap missing 'handle' bar
15 golden retriever,
16 swiss army cookset 'pan'
17 water bottle cap
18 inner tent hanging from poles
19 catch on coleman duel burner petrol stove
20 bream

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE