Competition - 1000 posts milestone

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Mmmmm..... an ounce of camaraderie.... a dose of good will.... and some ralgex for after the work is done ;) I love your posts, Elen, your contribution to this forum is most welcome x :)

Elen Sentier

With the 1001 post, who is The Winner?

Well nobody got the animal right but PaulJM and Dean both got the other two items so the Sudden Death Question for you two is ...

It's a BIG animal, a herbivore but not a ruminant and this part is useful for cordage and violin bows :)

Go guys ...

Elen Sentier

We have the winner - congratulations to Pauljm116, a man who knows his ruminants :deadhorse:
The Pocket (bag + contents) will be off to him today.

Thank you all for joining in. I loved the answers and cracked up over some of them, especially the bum fluff and Bugs Bunny ... if only :lmao: I'm sorry, Bob, while I do have reindeer (love 'em) and Hubby has promised me the diamond for Yule, the only politician I could find wouldn't stay in the bag, and neither would the cat, Oldimer.

Monkey - pse enlighten me, what do you use pyrites for in bushcraft? I's iggerant :)

Turbo - thnak you :notworthy the camararderie and goodwill on this forum is phenomenal, it's a grand place to be. And I could certainly do with the ralgex too :rolleyes::D

Cheers again to everyone and thank you for taking me on board.

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
Congrats Paul, I've only just got home but am chuffed that I was that close normally I'd expect to be miles off. That was a fun competition Elen it's great having people like yourself making this forum such a great place.
Colin

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Congrats Paul, I've only just got home but am chuffed that I was that close normally I'd expect to be miles off. That was a fun competition Elen it's great having people like yourself making this forum such a great place.
Colin

Thanks Colin, I'm just lucky I had a quiet morning at work so had chance to check. It was a fun competition, loved reading some of the guesses.

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
Elen, Yes it is my hand. I was clearing some garden rubbish when I looked down and saw that little one sliding over my foot, at first I just froze and once I saw him clearly picked him up to move him out of the way of the tractor. I couldn't resist taking a quick snap on the way to the quiet spot where he was released.
Colin

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Elen, Yes it is my hand. I was clearing some garden rubbish when I looked down and saw that little one sliding over my foot, at first I just froze and once I saw him clearly picked him up to move him out of the way of the tractor. I couldn't resist taking a quick snap on the way to the quiet spot where he was released.
Colin

Weren't you afraid to get bitten? (Excuse my ignorance, I know not what snake that is.)

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
I froze because I wasn't sure at first all I could see was a couple of inches of snake sliding across my boot! Once he moved a bit further I saw it was just a grass snake and breathed again.
Colin

Elen Sentier

Colin

He's absolutely gorgeous :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE