Comparison of Izula & Bravo Necker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trackerman

Forager
Apr 3, 2008
Sweden
If you are thinking about getting a neckknife or backup knife, maybe one of these two will be just right for you.
This is ESEE´s (former Rat Cutlery) Izula and Bark Rivers Bravo Necker.
They are very similar in length, like 15,5cm. Izula have Vgrind with secondary bevel, the steel is 1095, Not very sharp out of the box, . Bravo Necker is full convex, steel is 12c27, razor sharp out of box.
Weight with scales mounted and knives placed in sheath, Izula 95 gram and Bravo 96 gram.
The Izula is thicker over spine 4mm and Bravo is appr. 3,3mm.
Cutting. The Izula really sucked IMO, so I had it reprofiled to convex, and now wé re talking. Both are equal in cutting after this modd. I can cut feathersticks fine enough to lit with a small firesteel. No problem. But the hardening of the 1095 steel is too soft to create heavy sparks to lit the featherstick. After a while the spine has pretty deep marks after the firesteel, and there was no sparks after that. (I removed some of coating on the spine to get sparks from a firesteel). The Bravo spine make some descent sparks from the firesteel.
BravoIzula1.jpg

The Izula lays very good in your hand when it´s skeletonized, pretty smooth. The Bravo have more straightlines and sharper end, and is not as comfort as the Izula without scales.
BravoIzula2.jpg

Sheath. Izula sheath is the better one. Smaller and holds the knife more secured than the kydexsheath for the bravo. On the other hand there is room for a mini firesteel inside it. But I haven´t tried that yet.
BravoIzula3.jpg

I will be back soon with some more pictures.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE