Collins Gem - Food for Free

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Just noticed this and thought it may be of interest - Amazon have Mabey's Food for Free at just £2.50 and free delivery!

It's a cracker of a book and at this price no bushcrafter should be without one

# No association etc......#

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Got this in both versions! The full size and pocket one, great books. No bushcrafter should be without!! Except the true's I guess!!

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
All of the collins gems books are fantastic and it is hard to say which one is best but this one is certainly vying for the top spot.

It really is worth it, especially for the novice forager as they are easily found and recognisable plants but is still brilliant for more knowledgeable person as a general field guide.

Bush_Man

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2010
Portugal
That's quite a nice deal actually...I got mine for 4 pounds with postage from The Book Depository.

Have some collins gem books, and as far as I know they're great to start out and for people that want to know a bit more about the surrounding world.

The big advantage is that they're small enough to pack in a trousers pocket and you can carry them almost anywhere (if only they were waterproof :p).

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I paid £2 for a second hand copy of the mushrooms & toadstools one from a charity shop, so I thought I couldn't pass this up. Thanks for the heads-up.

Z

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE