Coleman Stove £5

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Actually the fuel is stocked at most outdoor retailers that stock other types of gas for camping stoves. In addition, the bottles can be refilled (though they tell you they can't) and still offer better value than some of the smaller gas bottle sizes... £7.20 for the big 465g one and £4.95 for the 250g regular one.

The fuel for the Coleman stove is cheaper still using the full member discount with Cotswold outdoor.

I haven't got one of the £5 stoves but the design lends itself to placement in a hole and hanging to make a nice cooking surface. I'll dig out a youtube video.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Argos used to sell the gas but stopped, the nearest stockist to me would be twenty miles away in Cardiff, non of the surplus/fishing shops local sell it. IIRC the empty bottle weighs about 400g so its definitely one for car camping. I like Coleman gear and have several lanterns and stoves plus the family tent, a Coastline 8 which is very well made.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Well, I was in Go Outdoors today and I thought why not for a fiver. The stove is built like a tank - this thing will easily last for years of regular use. I love that it has no clicky igniter to break and it comes with a nice foot for the bottle to keep it stable.

I don't mind buying the gas, nor carrying the weight of the thing when i'm camping out the back of a car. The control of the flame is decent but not aggressive, definitely geared to cooking things rather than heating up water asap for dehydrated trail food.

I got the power pack 1 burner stove to go into a chuck box i'm having made for the same reasons, simple design with rock solid construction. Bring on the family camping.

Marco1981

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 18, 2011
Orkney
Let us know if you convert it and how it fairs please? But yeah, should save a fortune running from regular gas bottles.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE