Cold/wet boot recommendations

• Thread starter Deleted dude 7861
  • Start date
D

Deleted dude 7861

Hi after going through so many pairs of S95 army assault boots (they seems to suffer from splitting soles and side stitching damaged on sharp rocks) I thought it was time to get something decent-ish that will survive Scottish boggy ground and the Cuillins sharp rocks. On a budget though of around £60 if this is possible, used is fine. Would be nice to ditch gortex liners and have a reliable dry pair of boots. Any ideas?

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
£60 should get a good second hand pair of rockports - i paid £175 new for mine about 8 years ago, and apart from the dog chewing the back of one a bit, they are still going strong with loads of wear left in them. goretex lined, strong a s you like, and i've never had wet feet in them

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
Go to millets and get a pair of Trezetas, they have vibram long lasting sole, goretex and cold weather lining amazing boot for only £64! i wish i got some and didnt waste £120 on some brashers now

Aug 15, 2007
hi there £60 should be plenty maybe second hand lowa maybe ex army
ive had a pair for about 5 years i dont like gortexlined boots as they tend to not let water out once its in there eg wading across rivers but my lowas have the leater lining and dry out very fast and they dont let water in past the leather as ive always waxed them
good cheep boots with change for the pub from your £60 would be latest issue german boots with plenty of wax
hope this is of some help

D

Deleted dude 7861

I've always used assault boots and after every trip they get polished and waxed but I've ruined 2 pairs recently in the Cuillins due to sharp rocks both have also split due to the soft rubber sole. I think I definately need a stronger sole/tread!! Thanks for advice I agree with the idea of when you get the boots wet a basic leather lining is easier to cope with, so maybe worth sticking to that concept.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Im confused???

If you're asking for "Cold/wet boot recommendations", then surely splitting soles and bust stitching are an ideal combination!!!

:ban:

Do you want me to switch the light off on my way out?

D

Deleted dude 7861

Im confused???

If you're asking for "Cold/wet boot recommendations", then surely splitting soles and bust stitching are an ideal combination!!!

Hehehehe I walked into that one didn't I?

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
I had the german mountain lowa boots, good comfy boot but unfortunatly ones i had were very loose fitting and the sole has worn down in 6 months

German Army Para boots. Couple that with a pair of sealskin water proof socks and you have a great waterproof combination for around £60.00. My own favorite though are German "Hanwag" boots. Like Lowas, only even more comfortable. Only problem is that they are at least £145.00 a pair, but if you're feet are killing you, you'll wish you had spent every penny on a good pair of boots

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE