Coghlan's Squeeze Tubes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
rik_uk3 said:
Anybody here use Coghlan's Squeeze Tubes for jam, peanut butter etc? Are they any good?

Can you get such a thing in the UK? If so I'd love to know where from!

Red

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
I used to have some of these and they were OK although I found the end clips a bit flimsy. I think I binned them when the top caps split.

I found that, with the exception of runny honey and golden syrup, the stuff I was putting in them wasn't really as liquid as it needed to be to get the benefit of being in a tube. I finished up taking the ends off and getting the contents out with a knife. Also, you wouldn't want to sit on your pack if it had a full one of these in it!

These days I would use a Nalgene jar instead, or something similar. That said, they cost next to nothing, so you could experiment and see what you think.

Rat

PS. If you really want useful things in tubes, buy some condensed milk! Mmmmm.

Never heard of them before.

is just googled for it to be sure I was not dreaming. Fill your own squeezetubes :eek:
What a wasteful way to travel.
Reminds me of the empty filter cigarettes
Can one buy empty pills too? (fill with whatever I want :D ) Empty disposable coffee filters? :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE