coffee paste...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
:naughty:
bothyman said:
Do they still do the Nestle condensed milk in tubes, you could always inject some camp coffee into it??? :roll:

:cry:
As it happens i have a tube of the said stuff here on my desk :shock: it has the number for the consumer services on it, camp coffee :shock: dont they do a butch version :rolmao: (im gonna try it though :naughty: )

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
zackerty said:
I have not done it for years, but I used to wash out toothpaste tubes, make a paste with Nescafe Espresso, and syringe it into the tube...if you do not clean out the tube well enough, you WILL have a minty taste! Coffee that removes plaque? :naughty: :naughty:

You can buy squeezy tubes made by Nalgene or some such - save rushing the toothpaste!

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Hi guys,

many years ago, in my student time my later wife and me used to help some elderly woman who lived near the house were we rented each a small room.

She was from Indonesia and came to the Netherlands when the Dutch left Indonesia after the bloody fight for freedom in Indonesia just after WW II.

She was real old and we helped a lot with getting groceries and just talk to her as she was living alone in a small apartment for older people intermixed between "normal" houses.

Anyhow, the first time she asked if we liked a coffe she took a small cook pot and spooned 1 spoon of molasses like almost black stuff into a cup and took an old coper water kettle from the gas stove and poured water on it.

The taste of that coffee is still saved into some neurons in my brain, it was the tastiest coffee I tasted for many many years.
Needless to say I (we) stopped by at least once or twice a week to help her and get treated on her very nice coffee.
She never told us how she made it I just wished I had asked at that time.

Best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera :pack:

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Ok.....I found a site called "Great Aussie Foods" over the weekend....as well as the one I posted below....I had been fighting the urge to order anything but......yesterday, I gave in, bit the bullet and have ordered 10 tubes.....they'll be here in 2 to 4 weeks! :naughty: :nana:

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
:shock: :yikes:
bambodoggy said:
I'm sure I can spare a tube or two for you guys.... :wink: but you'll have to approach me in my loin cloth at Ashdown to get it!!! :yikes: :rolmao:
if im aproaching you in your loin cloth what will you be wearing !!!! :shock: :yikes: :naughty:

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Just the leather thong I was talking about.....

Oooowwww, make sure you grab the right tube!!! :yikes: :naughty: :-x

ok...ok...ok....enough now! I don't want to be accused of being a :nono:

:rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao:

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Cool as...10 tubes of yummy coffe+milk paste arrived this morning.... two already have dibs on a tube each....JP & Joe.... I'm afraid the other eight tubes are staying firmly with me!!!! :nana: .....right off to put the kettle on :eek:):

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Toddy said:
Has anyone tried these tubes for food use? They're certainly cheap enough. I use them for the pastes that I make from natural dyes.
http://www.greatart.co.uk/gerstaecker_238.html

They're laquered inside, someone must surely sell ones primarily intended for food use. Incidentally condensed milk is now sold in squeezy tubes.

Toddy

Cool.....add the above post from Toddy to post number 23 on this thread by Innocent Bystander and you have a complete kit for do it yourself coffee paste!!!!! :You_Rock_

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
Didn't Nalgene once do a little kit of small placcie pots, with a couple of placcie refillable tubes once. I looked on their web page, but there wasn't any. Someone must do them surely?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE