coffee paste...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
At the Ashdown meet PW had some coffee in what looked like a big toothpaste tube. I think Nestle make it and PW got it from Australia. Anyone else seen it or does anyone know where to get it in the UK?

It was really good stuff :super:

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Squidders said:
At the Ashdown meet PW had some coffee in what looked like a big toothpaste tube. I think Nestle make it and PW got it from Australia. Anyone else seen it or does anyone know where to get it in the UK?

It was really good stuff :super:

Was that what you cleaned your teeth with Joe?

Seriously, I'll second it (about finding the stuff) top drink!! :super:

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
There must be an aussie shop in the uk selling it. You know the ones in London which sell veggimite and stuff so all the travellers can feel at home while they flood the bars of west london. Honestly I watched rugby in a hammersmith pub and there were more aussies kiwis and south africans than british. :shock: oops losing the thread.

I'll keep an eye out.

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I din't know anything about the paste, but I have had some success using coffee pods like a coffee "tea bag". Quite a range of coffees available in these, and individually vacuum packed in many cases.

Dave

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
OK I'd give this a try but as a resident of South America the very thought gives me the shivers.

I've had very good luck with the "tea bags" filled with coffee from Folgers and Maxwell House. Four of them in a canteen cup gives me a pretty good all-American oversized shot of caffine. They're light weigth too, like a tea bag. Mac

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
I called Nestle today and they dont sell it over here :cry: looks like ill have to get some posted over and bring some over in 2006 when i do the walkabout course with Bob Cooper :naughty:

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
my sack will be empty on the outward journey and my wallet full!

The reverse on the homeward leg!! :naughty:

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
arctic hobo said:
They might well have an equivalent in Norway, every time I'm there I seem to see something new in a tube, they seem to like tubes. Plus they drink an awful lot of coffee... I'll have a butchers
Apparently its made in Australia and only sold there :roll: typical

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Paganwolf said:
well the beer is cold and cheap :naughty: and at the moment you get 2.7 dollars to the pound :biggthump

Cold beer, warm sun -------- and bushcraft to boot ------------ heaven!!

zackerty

Nomad
Dec 16, 2004
Christchurch...New Zealand
I have not done it for years, but I used to wash out toothpaste tubes, make a paste with Nescafe Espresso, and syringe it into the tube...if you do not clean out the tube well enough, you WILL have a minty taste! Coffee that removes plaque? :naughty: :naughty:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE