CO2 Pistol recommendition

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Hi all,

Looking for a CO2 pistol and I wondered if anyone had any suggestions? I think i'd prefer pellets to BB's and as high a power is legal without a license would be good!

Cheers

WIll

EDIT: Darn sorry just realized this is in the wrong place, please move mods, sorry!

Last edited:

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Hi all,

Looking for a CO2 pistol and I wondered if anyone had any suggestions? I think i'd prefer pellets to BB's and as high a power is legal without a license would be good!

Cheers

WIll

EDIT: Darn sorry just realized this is in the wrong place, please move mods, sorry!

Sheridan EB22 or the same as i have Sheridan E9a in 20cal, over 5 ft lbs Muzzle energy- they're fantastic!!

Regards, John

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Sorry, meant to post a pic of mine ;)

pistolE9A.jpg

John :)

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
What are you wanting to do with it -- precision/bullseye/deliberate or faster/practical/plinking? For the latter Umarex makes a lot of 'replica' CO2 pistols. I have the 4" black CP88 which, like many of their designs, is a SA/DA 8-shot revolver, but looks like the Walther P88 (an autoloader). Quality isn't stellar but it's acceptable for the price. Accuracy, if you feed it with half-decent pellets, is better than me (which, with a pistol, isn't saying much!)

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
i too would go for a sheridan pistol. personally i dont like the multishot replicas, i think they go for style over funtion and they are low powered (2-3 flb compared to the 5-6 you will get with a sheridan).

other option is a crossman 2240 pistol. they are pretty much the same as the sheriden, powerfull, very accurate, single shot bolt action but they are a bit plasticy unlike the sheridans solid brass and wood. the crossman is more common and it would be my second choice to the sheridan.

btw you cannot get a licence for more powerfull pistols as you can with air rifles, they have to be under 6 foot pounds of energy or they class as an illegal firearm!

pete

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
For "plinking" I have this one

beretta_elite.jpg

19 shot either .177 BB or lead ball it will put put shots right through an "empty" beer/coke can from about 15 to 20ft.

It is only for fun though :D and at just £75 it isn't going to be in the league of the others already shown.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE