CMG Infinity torch, LED runs on 1 AA battery!!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I may have this in the wrong place, if I do I apologise in advance, a shiny penny to the mod who puts it in it's correct place!!

CMG Infinity torches for sale on ebay as we speak. I've just got three. 'cos I'm greedy, delivered for just under £30!! :eek:

I don't know the seller, but they are a good deal at £8.95 plus P+P of 2.50 for one. I'll shut up now and give you the link!!

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Well spied, I am tempted to get a couple more. I've had one for about a year, still the same battery and the light is as bright as the day I first switched it on.
A great wee torch for anyone wanting a bright long lasting led that doesn't want to spend silly money.

Cheers

JFw

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I've got one of those. They're nicer than the new Gerber version IMHO. Not super bright but a useful and handy little light with excellent runtime. I'm pleased with mine and recommend it.

Did you know that the lanyard actually glows in the dark? It's very faint but it does glow.

A few pictures for your pleasure. :)

CMG-Infinity-Ultra-062.jpg

CMG-Infinity-Ultra-022.jpg

CMG-Infinity-Ultra-040.jpg

Wintrup

Forager
Nov 5, 2005
London
I've had an Infinity for a few years and they are excellent little torches. Bomb proof construction and long battery life. Get one while you can.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
my mum has just bought me an AA LED maglite but she wont let me have it yet as it is for christmas
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Got mine today, it may have been here on Friday but the mail was late in and I left work before it was sorted. First impressions are it is a nice little torch. I'm not sure quite how bright it is, I tried the "Standard Brightness Test" and it didn't hurt my eyes, so I know it is comparable to a bog standard Maglite, maybe a little less throw. It's so small though that I will happily carry it about all day long. The lanyard seems to be pretty good, glows in the dark, and the pocket clip in this case may have its uses. I find it just gets in the way on a maglite.

The torch is simply made, the main body is a lump of Ally with no bits to go wrong and no springs to lose. The beam has a blue tint and a distinct centre spot, with diffused light going out from there. Again, until it gets dark I will have no idea of the power of the torch, but if I want scary bright I'll grab my surefire!

Well happy with that find, happy with the service and happy with the torch itself. Just happy all round really!!

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Just as an experiment I tried some used AA's out of the recycling bin at home.
They wouldn't even light the low battery light on my camera or work my mp3 CD player yet they didn't seem any dimmer in the torch as compared to a new battery, of the same brand. The torch has an internal voltage amplifier to get the extra voltage to run the LED this must be getting the last dregs from the battery
just thought I'd let any one with one of these torches know
cheers Danny

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Good idea. I mostly use rechargeable cells but I check my used batteries with a voltmeter before binning them. If they've got over a volt left in a 1.5v battery I put them in a box to be used for low output items like the above torch, TV remotes, etc.

Very often in a two cell appliance one battery will go before the other leaving you with one very usable battery.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE